Friday, May 6, 2011

►Jonathan Rosser - When photographs speak

This remarkable work of a self-taught photographer is tremendously compelling. Jonathan Rosser, based in Washington DC, has captured nothing but his passion with a purpose in mind.
Artist's Statement...
"What is different about myself than most other photographers is that I am self-taught. I took no classes to find the right setting on a camera or lighting to make an image successful. About two years ago I started studying the photo streams on Flickr of other inspiring artists and guessed how they caught their striking images. After trial and error I was able to obtain the moment and feeling in a street portrait that I was searching for.
My passion is for the people who have nothing, and continue their lives among so many who choose to just walk by. Their spirit is shown in their faces and eyes and I try my best to honor them by their portrait. My dream is to show a series of my street portraits in a gallery setting, and open the perspective to others that may not take the time to see otherwise... 
As with most of my work, each of these individuals has a story and a name."














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...