Friday, May 20, 2011

►Alessandro Battara - Illustrations of life


Alessandro Battara is born in a cold November day in the small and misty town of Ferrara, where he still live and work as a free-lance graphic designer and layout illustrator.


Artist's Statement...
"I believe what we saw and lived first hand in our lives is very helpful, the more things touched us, the more we have to say and express, even violently. I’m always trying to turn my illustrations into a sort of cinematographic manifesto; the situation or the fact that I’m illustrating becomes my own film, that I must summarize in a poster. "



Alessandro graduated from the Dosso Dossi School of Art in Ferrara, Italy, and then went for a two year qualification in anatomical design.
"Unfortunately there weren’t many job opportunities available at the time so I had to take every sort of humble job. I wanted to make money in order to start my own life. A few years later I got the opportunity to go back in the graphic design business. I took out my colors and dusty brushes and started drawing and working on my computer for hours because I felt a bit rusty and…you know what? I discovered I had so much to say! I met every sort of person. In a work environment like a factory, for example, you can meet nice people, desperate people and even the outcast. I haven’t spent my life inside a graphic studio and this helped me a lot, despite what I myself used to think, because having seen life as it really is and having experienced hard work that I profoundly hated I have now something to say."















1 comment:

  1. incredible!
    my mind fly when I put my eyes in this...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...